Rest Break, roughly halfway point. Things only get tougher (!!) from here on.
Scene G1 - Rest Break (first 1/2)
- Players at start of scene
- Athena (remains a stone statue)
They arrive separately, straggling in, some cases with casualties
- Athena remains stiff, hard, and white all over. She makes a good looking statue!
- Gordon has vanished without a trace
- Passionate reunion between Lepton and Flexia as they slip out of character
Setting is a futuristic-looking hotel, kind of like something out of the Jetsons/Commando Cody They are met by a costumed female Concierge who explains that this is a time to rest and recover
- Suggests taking a 'nice hot shower' and notes that all suites have "soft water", just the thing afer a "hard day" of battle (is this enough hints?)
- She does not quite break character but it is clear this is what it seems like (or is it?)
- She never *does* quite say this is a truce zone, only that Xog is paid handsomely to leave it untouched
Lepton takes charge of getting Athena to her room.
- He noted the foreshadowing about Athena's condition too and decides to put her in a shower and see what happens
- This works and Athena is very grateful, not to mention horny from all the folks touching her stiffened body
- Lepton takes longer than planned to rejoin Flexia in their suite. He appears flushed when he does arrive.
Recap characters so far, especially those who did not make it:
- Gordon (missing)
- Swapping war stories of close calls
There is a feast for the players that kind of looks very alien (blue noodles etc.) They realize how tired they are and go off to 'sleep'
- Groot and Ginger have a tryst
- Lepton and Flexia talk, then make love (see scene G2)
Tiffany is wired, goes off to find a disco (strange that there are none of those in 'the future'...) Regina is sad that Rogers did not make it this far, leaves him a message Players lost (none) Players added (none)
Scene G2 - Lepton and Flexia talk
- Players at start of scene
Quiet setting in bedroom, after the meal First time they have been really alone since start of game Lepton slips out of character into 'Bob'
- Says he has not been entirely truthful to her about her 'gift'
- Goes on to describe his past experiences, how registering as a 'couple' is a big risk (play or stay)
- He did it for love, he says
Flexia slips out of her Lycra and her character too, answering as 'Gretchen'
- Loves him anyway
- Willing to go thru hell etc. etc. (gushy here)
- Wonders what their chances are
- Bob replies: "Excellent, but we *both* must win!"
- Flexia: "All for one and one for all, my brave captain..."
Segue into a tasteful love scene Players lost (none) Players added (none)
Scene G3- Wax Museum
- Players at start of scene
Later that night, Groot slips out of Ginger's room after bedding her and heads down to the bar/lounge, which is very quiet at that time. Tended by a robot mixologist that looks like an odd conglomeration of a samovar, a 55-gal drum, and one of the Daleks. Das Blinkenlichts!
- Robot pours Groot's order out of its fingers, spits ice from its mouth, and mixes in its stomach.
(don't say "ugh"; it's just a machine. Think of that next time a coffee machine shits a cup at you and pees in it!)
- Groot makes 'conversation' but the recorded responses are just too stereotypical
Motion seen out of the corner of his eye spurs Groot to turn.
- Entering the bar is the spectacular Athena.
- For tonite she has exchanged her spandex bikini for a snowy white satin gown that shows her ample cleavage and is slit high enough to show off her long slim legs.
- She looks incredible and Groot cannot help but ogle
- "Buy a lady a drink?" she purrs, while perching on a tall stool carefully so her dress does not split (or she does not fall out of it)
- Groot signals the robot and comes over to sit next to her
They talk about chit-chat nothing in general for a few minutes, forgetting their characters really do not like each other much.
- It only takes about a nanosecond for them to realize they both want to hump each other's brains out; the rest is just foreplay
- She teases and flashes her chest, he flexes his muscles (not too much; she's probably the stronger of the two) and acts brave
- After a few minutes they leave the bar and wander around the 'lobby', each waiting coyly for the other to ask first.
Off to one side is the entrance to a large, darkened, hall
- A stand-mounted placard identifies it as 'Gallery of Fame'.
- There is a maroon velvet rope across the entrance but the door is open
- Just enough light filters in to reveal shadowy figures within.
- "Feeling naughty?" Athena suggests,
- "Why not, who's going to see us?" Groot replies
They slip under the rope and into the gallery, which is arranged as a Wax Museum
- Various motionless figures depict characters from the adventure, some wearing almost identical costumes to their own, others in quite different garments.
- Each diorama is cordoned off with more of the velvet ropes, many have small signs noting some details
- Groot and Athena hold each other closely and remark about the replicas of those characters that have been seen or not ("Oh, I had no idea Xog was such a toad" or "Our Glacia is much better looking than this one")
- Some of the displays are multiple characters interacting statically, some with weapons, others in just a frozen scene of dialog.
- One of the exhibits is empty, a small tented card on the felt-covered dais stating 'Removed for Cleaning'. The platform is slightly smaller than a desk and about 20 centimeters high.
Athena looks at Groot with a salacious smirk: "You thinking what I'm thinking?"
- He was, but first he had to play it out: "Here? You have to be joking!"
- "Who's around?" She looks at the other motionless dioramas and begins to undo the noiseless Velcro holding her dress together
- "Yeah," he says, "We'll be done in fifteen minutes anyway..." as he slips under the rope and pulls his shirt out.
- "Thirty," she replies as her dress falls away, "Strong, smart fellow like you should know a few tricks..." she continues as they stretch out on the platform, beginning to caress each other. "I demand thir..." she starts to say as her remaining words are smothered by a kiss.
- Minutes have passed and both writhing bodies are covered with a sheen of sweat. Groot is prone on the platform and Athena is impaled on his member, rocking back and forth with a familiar frequency.
- "Almost theere.... Coming...." she gasps, her body tensing, Stretch it out....... Almost..... Ahheeeeee!!" Athena cried as her orgasm peaked. She arched her back, Groot arches his to penetrate farther into her as he climaxes too.
- The moment of shared ecstasy seem to be stretching out for a long time, their two bodies locked into a pinnacle of nirvana, and then even longer than seems physically possible.
- Slowly it becomes clear that the two lovers have somehow become captured in that moment, their shiny bodies posed rigidly, looking almost waxy in their arrested amorous activities. Athena's eyes are open, gazing blankly at the darkened ceiling.
- Scene fades out. Could foreshadow a bit by showing someone(something?) placing a new sign in front of the freshly frozen figures.
Players lost (temporary) Players added (none)
Scene G4 - Rest Break (second 2/2)
- Players at start of scene
Morning has morned, new sun streaming in the windows. Despite the fact there are no clocks, most of the players wake early, dress in their costumes again, and collect in the dining hall for a buffet breakfast of fruit and fresh breads. After some minutes (and then some more) it becomes obvious that two of their party are missing: Groot and Athena
- Speculation of what might have happened (with the innuendo of what *did* happen)
- Ginger is curiously quiet about seeing Groot last nite.
- Consensus is 'they're adults; they'll show up sooner or later' but they do not
At the completion of the meal, the adventurers mill about, waiting for the signal (Kla'Tre, who is not yet seen) to continue
- Lepton is questioning the Concierge, who says she knows nothing, suggests looking in the Armory
- Deimoa and Payne are busy getting back into character and trying to dislike each other again (not difficult)
- Regina is having a last sweet roll
- Tiffany has wandered off again (she doesn't eat much)
Suddenly she returns, red as a beet
- "I think I found them!" she gasps. "Who? Athena, duh?!"
- She leads the way over to the 'Gallery of Fame' which is now open and lighted with overhead halogen spots
- Leading into the room, Tiffany skips past most of the exhibits and stops in front of a particularly erotic scene.
- Posed as wax statues are Groot and Athena, held in exactly the same climactic moment as the previous night. They seem very joyful.
- A new sign entitles the diorama 'A Hero's Welcome'
- The party is variously embarassed, titillated, envious, or amazed as they examine the two nudes.
Lepton finally takes charge, asks how to get them out of there, the game is waiting! (Little does he know)
- Concierge is no help, though she does have trouble keeping a straight face
- Flexia decides to try her tiara on the frozen pair and it revives them...
- ...just in time for Athena to complete the "Aieeeh" that she had started the night before. A beat or two passes before she realizes/cares that there is a lot more light and there are now people standing around. "Wow, that was a trip!" is her only comment.
- Flexia modestly sweeps off her cape and offers it to Athena, who declines, leaving Groot (who is a lot more self-conscious) to wrap himself in it and hop off the platform.
- Lepton gives them "Thirty minutes; then we're leaving without you!" to get ready. They would all meet at the SFH Station.
The party splits up for the intervening time
- Regina, Ginger, and Payne continue to look at the remaining dioramas, none of which look like anyone they know
- Deimoa goes off to sulk or practice being bitchy
- Lepton and Flexia, upon an urging by the Concierge, decide to visit the Armory and try to acquire some more weaponry. Tiffany tags along, rather absent-mindedly.
Players lost (none) Players added (recovered)
Scene G5 - Armory
- Players at start of scene
The armory is another large room off the main lobby. Inside are all manner of futuristic weapons, including many that defy description (think of 'The Weapon Shops of Isher" for selection) Just to make a point or for retro decoration, there are also some swords and halberds displayed. The back of the store has more clothing and larger items, but the armory is truly packed with stuff The proprietor, Armorer, is a bit of an anachronism because his rugged appearance seems much more medieval (Mos Eisley bartender in SW4) but is crammed into a 50's-tech leather shirt and khaki trousers. One thing that has not changed is his booming voice and british country accent
- "Ho, whut canna do for ye?"
Lepton leads off, finding out about handy disintegrators ("now, there's a ladies weapon for you, ma'am; no messy blood to clean up") and other oddities before settling on a 'Temporal Interruptor' which creates a null-time field at a distance of up to 20 meters. Flexia hems and haws, finally deciding on a pocket tranquilizer gun and a hypnosis disc. She really wanted the disintegrator, but Lepton talked her out of it (this can be a bone of contention later) 'Coin of the Realm' here is "centimes", each worth 1/100 of a percentage point of the winner's award. Don't need to go into the values here, but a point represents a lot of moola. They pay a total of 12.5 centimes for their purchases. They are as much window-shopping as buying stuff, so they fiddle around to pass the time... Players lost (none) Players added (none)
Scene G6 - Mannequin Trap
- Players at start of scene
Tiffany is browsing thru the Armory, while Lepton and his lady talk to the old man. Guns and stuff are not her thing, but cool clothes are.
- She browses the racks towards the rear of the armory for something to replace her damaged costume which, she realizes, is not very practical even if it was 'trippy to look at'
- There is plenty of Lycra available, including a duplicate of Flexia's costume (that would be bizarre, she thinks), but
- The thing that catches her eye is a coppery metallic catsuit with flared legs and arms. There appears to be only one of them, though, diaplayed on a free-standing mannequin. The garment looks about her size, so....
Tiffany starts to undress the display figure,
- Gets as far as opening the zippered bodice to her navel,
- which reveals the mannequin's exquisitely detailed lithe figure. Even her nipples and aureole are colored naturally.
- Almost unconsciously, she places her hand on the mannequin's breast, which almost feels warm to the touch.
- "Oh, My!" she manages to say as a strange tingle races through her body which leaves it completely motionless, stiffly posed in what turns out to be a prophetically mannequin-like stance.
- As seconds pass, Tiffany cannot help but gaze at the mannequin as the figure's skin takes on a less artificial tone and her eyes blink. Without seeing it, Tiffany realizes that *her* skin is becoming satiny and painted-looking at the same time. The two are swapping places.
- The transformation is complete shortly afterward as the now-living mannequin backs away from Tiffany's stiffly posed hand.
- She continues to strip off her metallic catsuit, with the clear intention of changing clothes with the frozen player as well...
Lepton and Flexia are still absorbed in the Armorer's spiel about Neural Whips and do not see a blonde girl NPC dressed in Tiffany's tattered costume walk nonchalantly out of the Armory (and subsequently out of the adventure). Eventually Flexia realizes what time it is and that they must go now.
- "But where's Tiffany?" Discussion ensues about whether she has wandered back to the station. They decide to check the store first.
- Flexia almost walks past the display mannequin before doing a double-take, then staring hard at the painted plastic form wearing a perfectly-fitting copper jumpsuit that complemented her cinnamon haircolor beautifully. A mannequinized Tiffany figure.
- "Commander, you had better come here quickly!" Lepton arrives and agrees that the statue is somehow their errant player.
- The Armorer comes up, says something about 'hard punishment for shoplifters'; they argue about the truce zone (which, a tiny sign announces, does *not* extend beyond the sleeping quarters). The Armorer's gruff demeanor makes it difficult to convince him that Tiffany was innocent, if clueless. "Last broad that tried that, ended up the same way -- served her right, too!"
- Time is passing, Lepton suggests 'payment' (aka bribery).
- A knowing leer passes over the Armorer's face,
- as he polishes Tiffany's costume (and neck) with a rag. Her rigid figure rocks back and forth slightly. She stares glassily past them.
- "Sure! Why din'cha say that befoare? You can have your little delinquent here for -- say -- a five hundred centimes..."
- "FIVE HUNdred! That's highway robbery! Look, here, this outfit only costs fifteen to begin with?"
- "Restocking and shinkage charges. Plus, I'd have to pay off the magistrate (which, he neglected to say, was himself) The Armorer crossed his arms; haggling time was over.
Lepton looks at Flexia, the unspoken question hanging in the air between them:
- Was she worth the 'ransom'?
- "She saved me once...." Flexia offerred
- "But then she almost got you all put out of the game, too!"
- Time passes, the four of them seemingly as much statues as the mannequin that was Tiffany.
- Lepton decides, "We should be going. The others will be waiting for us...."
- "Yes, you're right." She approached the immobilized player, stroked her rigid cheek, and said sadly, "Goodbye, Tiffany; we'll see you at the wrap party." A pause; did it seem like tears were welling up in the mannequin's eyes? "Better luck next time...." Flexia's voice wavered, as her resolve faltered.
Lepton was already at the entrance to the armory.
- "Ready?" he called back to her.
- "Ready." was Flexia's soft response. She quietly walked out of the Armory and joined Lepton for the short walk to the Subway station.
Back in the display area, a stream of moisture trailed from one eye of the rigid mannequin and formed a drop on her painted cheek.
- The armorer wiped it away with a sweep of his rag. "Damn condensation!" he grumbled.
- Tiffany (mannequinized)
Players added (none)
Scene G7 - Glacia Arrives, Kla'Tre is punished
- Players at start of scene
At last the time arrives to resume their adventure. The reassembled group makes its way to the Subway station in mostly silence. Players are trying to get back into character and mumble about what might be coming.
- Groot and Athena are avoiding each other especially after the Concierge wlecomed them back to the museum, anytime.
- Ginger questions Flexia about the mannequin that Tiffany replaced; did it look like she did at all (was it her sister?)
- Payne is oddly quiet
They reach the platform and Kla'Tre begins giving instructions as the others stand closely, trying to understand her words.
- Before she finishes, a loaded multiple bubble train 'whoosh'es into the station
- Kla'Tre takes one look at the person in the lead car and almost faints; it is Glacia!
- (you will recall the Guide is a wanted person)
- However, instead of running, she seems to become oddly calm and quiet.
The Queen of Cryonia alights, greets Lepton, and then her eye fixes upon Kla'Tre. She flashes with anger, quickly regains composure
- "At last, we meet again, Kla'Tre fa Nikto! You have been away from Cryonia for many a month"
- "Yes, your Majesty" the guide replies, curtseying but still not running
- "There is an unfinished matter between us..."
- "I know, your Majesty, avoidance is not resolution. I am ready to begin resolution, my Queen!"
The rest of the players are a bit lost in the dialog, but caught up in the implications. By now Kla'Tre is kneeling in front of the ruler in supplication. The Queen stands straight
- "Prepare to offer us your Tribute!" she commands.
- Kla'Tre kisses the Queen's ring once, then stands in front of the ruler, waiting
- After a moment's hesitation, Glacia bends down and kisses the girl Guide full on the lips like a long-lost friend. The kiss lingers
- Kla'Tre's hands go up involuntarily, whether to push the Queen away or hug her closer, but neither action is completed
As the seconds pass, it is clear that Kla'Tre is succumbing to Glacia's icy power
- Her arms freeze into position and her entire body appears to stiffen in place
- The color fades quickly from her skin, leaving it a pale and translucent.
- Quickly moisture condenses on her body, then freezes into an icy shell. Frost coats her hair and costume.
- Kla'Tre's extremities take on a bluish cast over the pallor and there is a cracking sound as ice forms instantly cocooning her.
Calmly the Queen completes her kiss and draws away, leaving Kla'Tre to remain in her position, utterly frozen solid
- Glacia intones, "Your resolution commences now, my child..."
- To one of her party, she states "Have this criminal put upon display in the palace courtyard for a period not less than one year!"
- Quickly the icy statue of Kla'Tre is removed on a pushcart and not seen again.
Glacia seems to put the eintire matter aside, taking a deep breath, then addressing Lepton
- "Commander, I will accompany you to meet with the Emperor Xog. We have issues that must be discussed, in person."
Lepton tries to talk her out of it, but arguing with a monarch is mostly pointless Glacia notes he has no further need "...of that petty charlatan..." and proceeds to begin moving towards the train "We take our leave now" Players lost Players added
Scene G8 - Subway From Hell (2)
- Players at start of scene
Glacia knows how to control the system, and orders up a train to take them all to Xog's Castle
- It arrives they get in:
- Lepton, Flexia
- Groot, Glacia (he is trying to avoid Athena after last night)
- Payne, Deimoa (bitchiness loves company)
- Athena (aloof)
- Regina, Ginger
As soon as the train starts, Xog comes on the PA (or video) and tells them that they 'are now his prisoners and will be incarcerated--or worse', then all hell breaks loose (again). Xort may be seen in the background, manipulating some kind of control panel.
- Bubble train cars split off and go their separate ways, reforming seemingly into three groups:
- Lepton, Flexia, Payne, Deimoa (H)
- Groot, Glacia, Regina, Ginger (J)
- Athena (K)
Players lost (none) Players added (none)
[ Main | Authors | Map | Characters | Perils | MessageBoard ]